PROGRAMS >> Editing
"The film is made in the editing room. The shooting of the film is like shopping, almost. It's like going to get all the ingredients together, and you've got to make sure before you leave the store that you got all the ingredients. And then you take those ingredients and you can make a good cake - or not."
- Philip Seymour Hoffman
(Academy Award Winning Actor)
Krishendu Sarkar - ZIMA Mentor (Editing)
Duration: 6 monthsThree Hours a Day, Three Days a Week
+ 1 Practical & 1 Film Appreciation a week!
A course on Film & TV Editing – History, Theory & Practice – using FCP and AVID softwares.
The editor of a film or TV show is responsible for imparting the right pitch, rhythm and tempo to the storytelling after the film or TV show has been shot. We at ZIMA impart to you balanced theoretical as well as practical film & TV editing education under the supervision of working professional editors.
- The Grammar, the Aesthetic and Technique of Editing
- History of Editing (Accompanied by the screening of films that have led to the evolution and the growth of editing)
- The language of cinema
- Practical learning of FCP and AVID softwares
- Classroom editing practicals (practice of editing using footage shot by professional directors, mentors and students)
- Visit to studios
- Editing student projects (Ad film, Documentary/non-fiction, Short film, Music video projects)
The course focuses on the practicals and aesthetics of Film & TV editing. The course is designed to teach the art and technique of Film and Video editing using FCP and AVID softwares, so the students can work as Independent Editors or Assistant Editors in the Film or Television industry.