Programmes >> DIRECTION
“Every film should have its own world, a logic and feel to it that expands beyond the exact image that the audience is seeing.”
- Christopher Nolan
Duration: 6 months
Three Hours a Day, Three Days a Week
+ 1 Practical & 1 Film Appreciation a week!
ZIMA's six month direction course contains all the essential ingredients required to make you a successful director of films and television.
This fast track course introduces you to the process of film making while the extensive practicals give you a hands on experience of what the real film / TV world holds in store for you.
- The evolution and the history of cinema
- Film analysis and film appreciation
- The language and the grammar of cinema
- Who is a director?
- Techniques of screenplay writing
- Narrative Formats, Film Genres
- Staging the scene & Shooting techniques
- Handling of actors, technicians and other unit members
- Basics & advance classes in other relevant areas of filmmaking viz. Cinematography, Editing etc
- Production and marketing management of films and Television shows
- Practicals in documentary film making, ads and promos, song picturisation and a film project
After the completion of the Film & TV direction training the student can immediately take up the responsibility of directing a film or a television show. However, in order to gain the knowledge of the working conditions it is advisable that the student works as an assistant director in a production unit for some time. With the knowledge that our student carries with him, he becomes a big asset to any production unit he joins as an assistant director (AD).